Thanks for your interest in e-newsletters for teachers, education specialists and everyone involved in developing young people's understanding of Parliament and democracy.
Parliament's Education Service - straight to your inbox
We produce two monthly e-newsletters:
- E-news for teachers focuses on events for teachers and students, including new resources, school visits to Parliament and teacher training.
- Central Lobby focuses on news from Parliament including current legislation, Select Committee reports and updates on debates in the House of Commons and House of Lords.
You can subscribe to both newsletters by following the links at the bottom of the page.
Parliament's services are all free and have been designed to support the political literacy and citizenship education requirements of the national curricula in the UK.
What is E-news for teachers?
Every month we’ll update you on the events, programmes, resources and web content offered by our service.
Subscribe for the latest on:
- Competitions and activities for students
Get the latest news and application information for annual competitions and awards including the Speaker's School Council Awards, the Lights, Camera, Parliament! film competition, and the BBC Schools Question Time challenge.
- Teaching about Parliament and political literacy
Find out about training days, seminars and resources available to support the citizenship curriculum.
- New online content
As our website grows we'll keep you updated on how to best use its resources, games and activities.
- Visiting Westminster
Get news about our visits programme for bringing your students to the Palace of Westminster.
- Parliament visiting your school
Our outreach programme runs student workshops and teacher training across the UK.
Subscribe to e-news for teachers
What is Central Lobby?
Central Lobby keeps you up-to-date with the latest news from both Houses of Parliament, including committee inquiries, new legislation, and debates in the chambers of the House of Commons and House of Lords. It provides contemporary examples for you to use in lessons about citizenship, politics and related subjects.
Subscribe to receive:
- A regular focus on issues under debate in the Houses of Parliament. The first edition focused on the AV referendum, House of Lords reform, and other constitutional change.
- Ideas for activities in the classroom to help your students explore these issues.
- Links to the latest information and resources on current affairs provided by the House of Commons and House of Lords Libraries and Information Offices.
- Video interviews with MPs, Members of the House of Lords, and others.
- Who am I? - a monthly focus on a different member of staff at the Houses of Parliament, to make your students aware of all the different activities that go on behind the scenes.
Central Lobby is a new resource. If you would like to receive a pilot edition in June 2011 then you can subscribe here.
If the pilot is successful then all of our monthly e-newsletter subscribers will receive Central Lobby when it launches in autumn 2011.