Find out what delegates thought of Teachers' Institute in 2011 and see a snapshot of the week in the film above.
A resident week in Westminster
Immerse yourself in the politics of Parliament with this unique professional development opportunity. Teachers of politics, citizenship and related subjects, and education professionals, can apply to experience an intensive, informative and unforgettable week based at the Houses of Parliament.
The programme covers travel costs (for UK delegates), residential accommodation and most meals. All resources, workshops and events are free of charge.
The next event will be held from 1 - 5 July 2013 however applications are now closed.
Teachers' Institute terms and conditions
The Teachers' Institute programme offers:
- A tour of Westminster Palace
- The chance to watch a debate in the chambers
- Q&A with members from both Houses
- Informative sessions and resources to improve your knowledge of Parliament and democracy
- Activities that will help you develop classroom resources
- Networking opportunities
You can also see photos from previous institutes and read about the experience of other teachers.