Regional events take place in different parts of the UK and bring learning about Parliament to your local area.
A number of regional events take place over the course of the school year, each one focusing on a different age group and a different area of the country.
Primary regional events
KS2 student events:
- Friday 15 March 2013 - The Derbyshire Hotel, South Normanton, Bolsover Constituency
This free regional event is an opportunity for students in Primary years 5 & 6 to learn about Parliament, meet an MP and be involved in a parliamentary-style debate.
- 19 and 20 March – Folly Farm, near Bristol
The Outreach Team at Parliament’s Education Service is running an event in collaboration with Springboard East, a theatre education company, to provide students in Years 5 and 6 with an exciting opportunity to find out more about Parliament through the medium of drama and performance.
The programme will take the form of a brand new play covering key events in the history of Parliament, followed by two interactive workshops focusing on the power of the vote and changes to children’s rights over the years. All of the content has been specifically designed for students in Years 5 and 6 and promises to provide both an entertaining and informative experience.
- To give students a chance to meet and engage with a local Member of Parliament and to question them on a range of issues
- To enable students to participate in an informative and interactive workshop about how Parliament works and to develop their public speaking skills
- To involve students from a range of schools in a parliamentary-style debate.
What to expect:
- Workshops designed to provide an interactive introduction to Parliament and to develop debating skills
- An in-depth exploration and discussion of a topic through a debate chaired by a parliamentarian?
- An opportunity to meet and work with students and staff from other schools from your area
- A selection of free educational resources to take away with you provided by Parliament’s Education Service.
To find out more email the Education Outreach Team or call us on 0207 219 4496
Terms and Conditions of Supply Cover/Travel Subsidy for Regional Events ( PDF 150 KB)
A-level regional events
A West Midlands regional event for A-level Government & Politics students took place on Friday 16 November 2012.
The next regional event for A-level students will take place in the Autumn term, 2013.
Register your interest
Register your interest in upcoming regional events now and we will send you a booking form when applications open.
Please contact us on email@example.com or call 0207 219 1134.