The Department, NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) which administers the NHS Pension Scheme (NHSPS) on behalf of the Secretary of State and National Health Service employers are not authorised to provide advice to staff on the merits of the NHS Superannuation Scheme. However, the NHSBSA provides comprehensive online only information to members, potential members, and employers about the NHSPS covering the following:
- Joining the Scheme;
- Membership of the NHS Pension Scheme;
- Cost of being in the Scheme;
- Transferring into the Scheme;
- Increasing your pension;
- Getting an estimate of your pension;
- Family and your pension;
- Applying for your pension;
- Leaving or taking a break from the Scheme;
- Divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership and your pension;
- Annual Allowance;
- Lifetime Allowance; and
- Information for Practitioner, locum and non-general practitioner members.
In addition, the NHSBSA provides scheme members with an annual total reward statement, which outlines their pension savings to date.