We have introduced a £1 billion business rate support package for 2014-15 including:
– a 2% cap in the Retail Price Index increase in the small business rates multiplier;
– a retail discount of £1,000 for around 300,000 shops, pubs and restaurants with rateable values below £50,000;
– a 12 month extension of small business rate relief doubling, benefitting over half a million businesses;
– a 50 per cent discount for new occupants of long-term vacant shops, and;
– allowing ratepayers to pay bills over 12 instalments.
The Department does not collect data on a constituency basis, but the Crawley constituency lies entirely within the Crawley Borough Council boundary. Table 1 (attached) shows, where available, the estimated number of properties that will benefit from each of the reliefs introduced or extended in 2014-15 within Crawley Borough Council, as well as the amount of relief awarded. Table 2 (attached) provides the same data, but for England as a whole.