As the Olympic flame continues touring the UK the House of Lords prepares to debate the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games today (Monday 21 May).
Baroness Garden of Frognal (Liberal Democrat) will open the debate and former Paralympic gold winning Baroness Grey-Thompson (Crossbench) and former Olympic team member Lord Higgins (Conservative) are scheduled to speak as the Olympic countdown continues with 67 days to go.
- Baroness Doocey (Liberal Democrat) - former chair of London Assembly's Economic Development, Culture, Sport and Tourism Committee in 2009-2010 overseeing preparations for the games
- Lord Bates (Conservative) - who walked from Olympia in Greece to London's Westminster to raise awareness for the Olympic Truce
- Baroness Ford (Labour) - chair of the Olympic Park Legacy Company
- Baroness Grey-Thompson (Crossbench) - former Paralympian with 11 gold medals
- Lord Higgins (Conservative) former member of the Olympic team in 1948 and 1952