Members of the House of Lords will debate recent developments in the EU today (Monday 17 December). The same debate will also include the second reading of both the European Union (Croatian Accession and Irish Protocol) Bill and the European Union (Approvals) Bill.
Baroness Warsi (Conservative), government spokesperson, requested the debate.
Speakers expected to contribute include:
- Lord Bowness (Conservative), member of the Inter-Parliamentary Union, UK Delegation, Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe Parliamentary Assembly
- Lord Liddle (Labour), opposition spokesperson for Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Lord Owen (Crossbench), former minister of state for the foreign office
- Lord Pearson of Rannoch (UKIP), former UKIP party leader
- Lord Roper (Liberal Democrat), former member of the Western European Union Assembly