The House of Lords is back to work today (Monday 21 November) following a short recess.
The House sits at 2.30pm this afternoon with business in the chamber including:
House of Lords committees will continue their scrutiny this week of:
- financial transaction tax
- the future of investigative journalism
- the role of Chief Scientific Advisers
- the judicial appointments process
- EU freshwater policy
- the EU drugs strategy
- the modernisation of higher education in Europe: the EU contribution.
See more committee business in our calendar
Parliament does not sit all year round, and when in recess Members of the House of Lords and MPs can carry out their other duties. Recess patterns can vary and the dates of when each House is in recess are not necessarily the same.
Image: Parliamentary copyright