The London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (Amendment) Bill Committee will hear oral evidence on Tuesday 17 May and Thursday 19 May
Programme and witnesses
Tuesday 17 May
In the Boothroyd Room Portcullis House
At 10.30 am
Olympic Delivery Authority; Federation of Small Businesses
London Trading Standards Association; Outdoor Media Centre; Trading Standards Institute
At 4.00 pm
Transport for London
At 4.45 pm
At 5.30 pm
Hugh Robertson MP, Minister for Sport, Department for Culture, Media and Sport
Line by line scrutiny of the Bill
Committee Room 9, Palace of Westminster
- Thursday 19 May 9.00am and 1.00pm
The Committee must complete consideration of the Bill no later than 4.00pm on Thursday 19 May.
These sessions will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms.
It is advisable to allow about 20 minutes to pass through security checks. Timings and room numbers are subject to change.
The Scrutiny Unit can help with any queries about oral evidence.
Key areas of the Bill
The Bill makes a small number of technical amendments to the advertising and trading, ticket touting and traffic management provisions of the London Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Act 2006. These amendments cover:
- the seizure of articles which contravene advertising and trading regulations
- the parliamentary procedure and notice periods required when new advertising and trading regulations are introduced
- the penalty for unauthorised sales of Olympic tickets
- traffic regulation and enforcement during the Games.