Candidates for the Deputy Speaker have been announced.
- Mr Tom Clarke MP (Opposition side)
- Geoffrey Clifton-Brown MP (Government side)
- Mr Nigel Evans MP (Government side)
- Mr Roger Gale MP (Government side)
- Mr George Howarth MP (Opposition side)
- Mr Lindsay Hoyle MP (Opposition side)
- Miss Anne McIntosh MP (Government side)
- Dawn Primarolo MP (Opposition side)
- Mr Marsha Singh MP (Opposition side)
MPs will vote for the Deputy Speakers in a secret ballot tomorrow between 10am and 12 midday.
The new rules require that the Deputy Speakers should be drawn equally from Government and Opposition and there should be at least one man and at least one woman on the team.
The Deputy Speaker election is being held under new rules recommended by the Procedure Committee in 2010. The procedure reflects the rules for electing the Speaker and provides fairness and transparency.
Find out more about the Deputy Speaker election process:
Image: Parliamentary copyright