General election information session
- 22 February 2010: 10am - 12pm
- The Shiremoor Centre, Earsdon Road, Shiremoor
This session, open to all groups and organisations in North Tyneside, will look at the process of general elections, the work of MPs and the relationship between Parliament and Government.
The workshop is being held and arranged in partnership with VODA – the infrastructure organisation for voluntary and community groups in North Tyneside.
For further information, or to book a place, please go to the VODA website or call 0191 200 8555.
Communicating effectively with Parliament
- 24 February 2010: 10am - 1pm
- St Mary’s Centre, Corporation Road, Middlesbrough
This is the final event in the successful 'Local Issues, National Focus' series of workshops run in partnership with Middlesbrough Voluntary Development Agency.
The event follows on from previous sessions which have covered an overview of the work of Parliament, Select Committees and legislation.
For further information and to book a place, please contact Christine Crawford on 01642 249300 or by e-mail at: Christine.email@example.com
Bringing Parliament closer to Northumberland
- 25 February 2010: 1pm - 4pm
- The Maltings, Berwick
This event has been arranged by Take Part Northumberland, a project designed to promote active citizenship in the area.
To book a place, or for further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 2126100.
Get involved: engaging effectively with Parliament
- 26 February 2010: 10am - 2pm (registration from 9.30am)
- Central Square Meeting Rooms, Forth Street, Newcastle
This event is being run in partnership with Newcastle Council for Voluntary Services. The event is open to all voluntary and community organisations in Newcastle and will look at the ways that organisations can get involved in the work of Parliament.
By the end of the workshop attendees will:
- Learn how to engage with Parliament on the issues you care about
- Be familiar with the various ways you can get involved with Parliamentary processes
- Know more about how Parliamentary Outreach can help your organisation
To book a place, please contact Jaz Nagra at email@example.com or call 0191 232 7445.
For further information on Parliamentary Outreach in the North East or any of the events listed above, please contact Daniel Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.