MPs hear evidence on fire control centre closures
08 February 2010
The Communities and Local Government Committee holds a one-off evidence session on the FiReControl project. Watch live from 4.20pm.
- Matt Wrack, President, Fire Brigades Union (FBU)
- John Bonney, President, Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA)
- Councellor Brian Coleman, Local Government Association (LGA)
- Councellor Fred Walker, Local Government Association (LGA)
- Roger Diggle, FiReControl Project Director
- Robin Southwell, CEO, EADS
- Shahid Malik MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Sir Ken Knight, Chief Fire and Rescue Advisor, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Shona Dunn, Director for Fire and Resilience, Department for Communities and Local Government
The FiReControl project is part of the Fire and Resilience Programme, which is reforming the Fire and Rescue Services.
FiReControl involves closing the current 46 control centres and replacing them with nine large regional centres.
The Committee will consider:
- progress with the project so far
- the reasons for the cost and time overruns which the project has experienced
- what, if any, changes need to be made to the Government’s plans for proceeding with the project
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Crime, civil law, justice and rights, Emergency services, Parliament, Commons news, Parliamentary business, Committee news, Fire services
Share this page