Minister appears before committee inquiry into radioactive waste
09 February 2010
Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, Minister of State, at the Department of Energy and Climate Change is among the witnesses appearing before the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology inquiry into radioactive waste management. Watch live from 9.50am.
9.50am - Committee on Radioactive Waste Management
- Professor Robert Pickard, Chairman
- Professor William Lee, Deputy Chairman
- Marion Hill, Member
- Rt Hon Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, Minister of State
- Mark Higson, Chief Executive, Office for Nuclear Development
- Bruce Cairns, Head, Nuclear Materials and Waste Strategy, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Bruce McKirdy, Repository Technical Director, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
The inquiry is focusing on the role and performance of the Committee on Radioactive Waste Management, the body responsible for providing independent scrutiny and advice on the implementation of the Government's Managing Radioactive Waste Safely programme, and on whether Government is using its advice effectively.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Science and technology, Science, Lords news, Parliamentary business, Committee news
Share this page