North East Committee inquiry into steel industry continues
19 January 2010
Minister for the North East, Nick Brown, is among the witnesses appearing before the North East Committee as it takes evidence as part of it inquiry into the steel industry. Watch live from 3.45pm.
The inquiry is looking into the position of Corus following the announcement of substantial job losses in the North East and the mothballing of its Redcar plant by the end of January 2010.
- Jon Bolton, Managing Director, Teesside Cast Products
- Nick Brown MP, Minister for the North East
- Vera Baird MP, Member for Redcar
- Dan Monnery, Deputy Regional Director: Economy and Strategy, Government Office for the North East
- Brian Greenwood, Deputy Head: Manufacturing and Materials, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
The Committee’s inquiry will focus on the job losses, what is being put in place to aid those who will lose their jobs, what can be done to prevent the plant’s permanent closure and the wider implications for the region’s economy.
More news on: Business, industry and consumers, Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Industry, Economy and finance, Economic situation, Manufacturing industries, Business support, Commons news, North East, Parliamentary business, Committee news
Share this page