Housing standards inquiry hears from Minister
07 December 2009
The Communities and Local Government Committee holds the latest evidence session of its 'Beyond Decent Homes' inquiry at 4.40pm.
Appearing before the Committee will be:
- Simon Nicol, Director, BRE Housing Group
- Richard Hand, Partner, Ridge and partners
- James Sparrow, Director, Savills Ltd
- Rt Hon John Healey MP, Minister of State for Housing, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Peter Marsh, Chief Executive, Tenant Services Authority
- Sir Bob Kerslake, Chief Executive, Homes and Communities Agency
In 2000 the Government committed itself to bringing all social housing up to a decent standard by 2010. In 2002, the Government broadened this target to include private sector homes occupied by vulnerable households.
On 21 July 2009, the Government published a consultation paper on its plans to reform council housing finance, including proposals to complete the Decent Homes programme and maintain the standard.
Against this background, the Committee's inquiry considers what steps the Government needs to take to ensure that decent housing standards are met and sustained after 2010.
Image: John Birdsall/PA
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Commons news, Parliamentary business, Committee news, Housing and planning
Share this page