Parliamentary Outreach will host a public meeting of the International Development Committee in Birmingham on Thursday 3 December as part of the Committee's inquiry into DFID's aid programme for Bangladesh.
The meeting will take place at 11.30am at the Balsall Heath Church Centre (Birmingham, B12 9JU).
The International Development Committee is interested in hearing your views on:
- The amount DFID allocates to its programme in Bangladesh and the type of work its supports.
- Whether DFID’s efforts to build effective institutions and support good governance are having an impact.
- Is DFID’s strategy for reducing poverty and inequality, including gender inequality, the right one?
- How can DFID best help Bangladesh to deal with the impacts of climate change and natural disasters?
- What role should initiatives led by community groups and NGOs play in helping to reduce poverty and increase access to basic services?
- Could the Bangladeshi community in the UK do more to support development efforts in Bangladesh and if so, in what ways could they have the most impact?
Image: Pavel Rahman/AP/PA