MPs take evidence on home education
14 October 2009
The Children, Schools and Families Committee questions home educators, local authority representatives and national children's organisations as part of its inquiry into elective home eduction. Watch from 9.30am.
Appearing before the Committee at 9.30am will be:
- Jane Lowe, Trustee, Home Education Advisory Service
- Fiona Nicholson, Trustee /Chair Government Policy Group, Education Otherwise;
- Simon Webb, home educating parent;
- David Wright, home educating parent, and
- Carole Rutherford, co-founder, Autism in Mind
Appearing at 10.30am will be:
- Colin Green, Chair, Families, Communities and Young People Policy Committee, Association of Directors of Children’s Services;
- Ellie Evans, Head of Children Missing Education team, West Sussex County Council;
- Sir Paul Ennals, Chief Executive, National Children's Bureau, and
- Phillip Noyes, Director of Public Policy, NSPCC
The Committee will examine the views of the witnesses on the recommendations, and desirability and feasibility of those recommendations, in the Department for Children, Schools and Families review of elective home education in England.
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, Education, Schools, Special educational needs, Students, Teachers, Commons news, Parliamentary business, Committee news