The House of Lords Science and Technology Committee will be speaking to regenerative medicine and finance experts on Tuesday 20 November, as part of their inquiry into regenerative medicine.
At 10.40am, the Committee will hear from:
- Dr Ruth McKernan, Chief Scientific Officer of the Neusentis Unit at Pfizer;
- Professor Chris Mason, Professor Regenerative Medicine Bioprocessing at UCL; and
- Michael Hunt, Chief Executive Officer, ReNeuron.
They will be followed, at 11.40am, by:
- Dr Navid Malik, Head of Life Sciences Research, Cenkos Security;
- Dr Nigel Pitchford, Managing Director of Healthcare at Imperial Innovations; and
- Dr Steven Dyson, Partner and Co-Head, Healthcare Team, Apax Partners.
The witnesses will be questioned on issues including finance for developing regenerative treatments; the most effective ways of encouraging partnership working between academics, clinicians, industry and charities; appropriate business models for commercialising regenerative research; and barriers to investment.
The evidence session will take place at 10.40am on Tuesday 20 November in Committee Room 4 of the House of Lords and will be webcast live at www.parliamentlive.tv.
The evidence session is also open to the public. Journalists wishing to attend should go to Parliament’s Cromwell Green Entrance and should allow time for security screening.