The Information Office explains what the House of Lords is and does to the public. It uses different channels and ways to promote and engage people with the Lords’ work and membership on the Lords’ behalf.
- a telephone and email enquiry service to respond to questions from the public
- a media centre to promote the work of the House and its committees to the press and handle media enquiries
- publications that explain the role, work and membership of the House of Lords
- a House of Lords outreach programme and initiatives for the public across the UK
- online and social media channels about the House.
The enquiry service responds to telephone and email enquiries from the public. The office is open from 10am to 6pm (Monday to Thursday), 10am to 4pm on Fridays and 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm during recess (holidays).
The office will do their best to answer your enquiry, or refer you onto another useful source.
You can contact the enquiry service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7219 3107.
The House of Lords enquiry service also updates a set of online FAQs with useful facts about the House of Lords. You can find out everything from facts on State Opening to government defeats.
The media centre promotes the work of the House and its committees to the media, and responds to their enquiries. It operates from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outside these hours, there is an out-of-hours press office service provided for urgent issues.