The Chairman of the Sub-committee was Mr Michael Fallon MP. The membership of the main Committee and the Sub-committee was the same. Details of its inquiries are below.
THE CROWN ESTATE COMMISSIONERS' MANAGEMENT OF THE CROWN ESTATE
"CROWN ESTATE COMMISSIONERS SHOULD DO MORE TO SUPPORT WIDER PUBLIC INTERESTS"
Oral and written evidence |
Press Notice |
Terms of reference
The Treasury Sub-Committee undertook an inquiry into the administration and expenditure of the Crown Estate. The inquiry looked at how effectively the Crown Estate Commissioners are rising to the challenges they face including, for example, the development of renewable energy, in each of their four business areas.
ADMINISTRATION AND EXPENDITURE OF THE CHANCELLOR'S DEPARTMENTS, 2008-09
MPs worried about performance at HMRC amidst extraordinary year for Chancellor's departments
Report, oral and written evidence |
Evaluating the Efficiency Programme
- On 21 July 2009 The Treasury Sub-Committee published its report on Evaluating the Efficiency Programme. This inquiry was undertaken to evaluate progress made under the Gershon efficiency programme in the Chancellor of the Exchequer's departments. The inquiry examined the progress made to date by the Chancellor's departments in implementing the Government's efficiency programme in so far as it affects those departments, and the effect of the programme on each department's levels of customer service as well as future plans for efficiency and Value for Money savings.
Administration and expenditure of the Chancellor's departments, 2007-08
- On 23 January 2009 The Treasury Sub-Committee published its Report, Administration and expenditure of the Chancellor's departments 2007-08. In its main recommendation, the Committee calls for much greater transparency from the Treasury in accounting for the liabilities taken on by the nationalisation and part-nationalisation of financial institutions.
Estate Management in the Chancellor's Departments
- The Treasury Sub-Committee held an evidence session on the 25 June 2008 to scrutinise Estate Management within the Chancellor's departments. The session examined the cost and value of the estate owned or used by the Chancellor's departments, the effectiveness with which it is managed, the role of PFI in estate management and the relationship between estate management and the relocation programme.
Child Trust Funds follow up
- The Treasury Sub-Committee held an evidence session on the 14 May 2008 to discuss awareness and the future of the Child Trust Fund scheme.
Counting the population
- On Friday 23 May 2008 The Treasury Sub-Committee published its Report, Counting the population. The Report concludes that the International Passenger Survey, which plays a central role in estimating international migration, is not fit for this purpose having been designed to provide data for tourism and business travel purposes.
| Press Notice