TRADE AND INDUSTRY COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE OFFICE HOUSE OF COMMONS
7 MILLBANK LONDON SW1P 3JA
Telephone: 020 7219 5777/5778
PN 48 of Session 2003-04
The Competitiveness of the UK Aerospace Industry
The Committee has decided to undertake an inquiry into the competitiveness of the UK aerospace industry. Among the issues the Committee expects to consider are:
· The importance of the UK aerospace industry to the UK economy;
· Its industrial performance in the current economic climate;
· The challenges faced by the sector in domestic and international markets, including barriers to trade;
· Investment in research and technology;
· Progress towards the implementation of the recommendations of the DTI-sponsored Aerospace Innovation and Growth Team; and
· Government support for the aerospace industry.
The Committee would welcome written evidence on these or any other related issues by Wednesday 24 November 2004. Details of any oral evidence will be announced shortly after that date. If possible, written evidence should take the form of a memorandum with numbered paragraphs and should be submitted, as a MS Word document, by e-mail to [email protected] with a single hard copy sent to the Clerk at the address above.
For further information please contact the Committee Office on 020 7219 5777/ 5778.
14 October 2004