SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
HOUSE OF COMMONS
No. 9 - Session 2003-2004, 14 January 2004
PUBLICATION OF REPORTS
1. ANNUAL REPORT 2003 - COMMITTEE'S FIRST REPORT OF SESSION 2003-04
The Science and Technology Committee will publish its First Report of Session 2003-04 (HC 169) at 1100 hours on Tuesday 20 January 2004. The Report contains details of the Committee's activities in 2003, set against its objectives and core tasks. Copies of the Report will be available for collection in reception at 7 Millbank from the time of publication. No embargoed copies will be issued in advance.
2. GOVERNMENT RESPONSE TO THE COMMITTEE'S REPORT ON THE ENGINEERING AND PHYSICAL SCIENCES RESEARCH COUNCIL
The Science and Technology Committee will publish its Second Special Report of Session 2003-04 (HC 171) at 1100 hours on Monday 19 January 2004. The Report contains the Government's Response to the Committee's Ninth Report of Session 2002-03, The Work of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (HC 936 of Session 2002-03). Copies of the Special Report will be available for collection in reception at 7 Millbank from the time of publication. No embargoed copies will be issued in advance.
Copies of both these Reports can be obtained from the date of publication from TSO outlets and from the Parliamentary Bookshop, 12 Bridge Street, Parliament Square, London SW1A 2JX (020 7219 3890) by quoting the appropriate HC numbers. The text of both Reports will also be available via the Committee's internet homepage: www.parliament.uk/commons/selcom/s&thome.htm
Further information on the work of the Committee can be obtained from Committee staff on
020 7219 2793/4.
Previous press notices and publications are available on our website.
Notes for Editors
1. Under the terms of Standing Order No. 152 the Committee is empowered to examine the "expenditure, policy and administration of the Office of Science and Technology and its associated public bodies". The Committee was appointed on 12 November 2001.
2. The Committee's Annual Report 2002 (HC 260 of Session 2002-03 was published on 21 January 2003.
3. The Science and Technology Committee published its Ninth Report of Session 2002-03, The Work of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, (HC 936) on 3 November 2003.