Monday 17 May 2004 at 5.00 pm in Speaker's House
The Speaker, in the Chair
Sir Stuart Bell
Sir Patrick Cormack
Mr Oliver Heald
Sir Archy Kirkwood
1. MEMBERS' ALLOWANCES AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: HANDLING: FURTHER CONSIDERATION
- approved publication in the second half of October;
- agreed that publication should be in electronic form only, as in the House of Lords;
- did not support simultaneous publication of the printed Register of Members' Interests;
- agreed to consider the proposed media plan and the suggested responses to comments made by Members at its June meeting.
2. MEMBERS' ALLOWANCES: PROPOSED REVISIONS TO THE GREEN BOOK
The Committee agreed to consider proposed changes to the Green Book at its June meeting.
3. MEMBERS ESTIMATE AUDIT ARRANGEMENTS
The Committee agreed to appoint an Audit Committee for the Members Estimate with the same membership as the Administration Estimate Audit Committee.