Monday 14 June 2004 at 5.00 pm in Speaker's House
The Speaker, in the Chair
Sir Stuart Bell
Sir Patrick Cormack
Sir Archy Kirkwood
1. MEMBERS' ALLOWANCES AND FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: HANDLING: FURTHER CONSIDERATION
- asked the Commission Media Adviser to prepare proposals for media handling, for consideration on 12 July;
- agreed that ACA and London Supplement should be presented separately;
- did not agree that more information should be given to Members in advance than individuals' own figures;
- agreed that information about the allowances of Members since deceased should be published.
2. MEMBERS' ALLOWANCES: PROPOSED REVISIONS TO THE GREEN BOOK
The Committee agreed the proposed revisions, with amendments to references to homes in the UK.
3. MEMBERS ESTIMATE AUDIT COMMITTEE
The Committee agreed the proposed terms of reference for the Committee.