PUBLICATION OF ELEVENTH REPORT OF SESSION 2007-08
Humanitarian and Development Situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
The International Development Committee will publish its report on
the Humanitarian and Development Situation in the Occupied Palestinian Territories at 00:01 on Thursday 24 July 2008 as the Eleventh Report from the Committee, Session 2007-08 (HC 522-I). A volume of oral and written evidence will be published separately as HC 522-II.
Embargoed copies of the Report will be available from 10.00 am on Wednesday 23 July, for collection by witnesses and the press only from the Reception Desk at 7 Millbank, London, SW1P 3JA and from the Press Gallery, House of Commons. To reserve a copy or if you have a query please e-mail Ian Hook at
On publication, copies of the Report can be ordered from The Stationery Office (Tel: 0845 702 3474) or from the Parliamentary Bookshop (Tel: 020 7219 3890) and can be viewed on the Committee’s website from the day of publication at:
Committee Membership is as follows: Malcolm Bruce MP (Chairman, Lib Dem), John Battle MP (Lab), Hugh Bayley MP (Lab), John Bercow MP (Con), Richard Burden MP (Lab), Mr Stephen Crabb MP (Con), Daniel Kawczynski MP (Con), Ann McKechin MP (Lab), Jim Sheridan MP (Lab), Mr Marsha Singh MP (Lab), Sir Robert Smith MP (Lib Dem).
Terms of reference for the inquiry were as follows:
- The humanitarian situation in Gaza, including access to fuel, food and health services;
- Progress in the Middle East Peace Process since Annapolis and the Paris donor conference;
- Political developments in the OPTs since June 2007;
- Implementation of the Agreement on Movement and Access;
- The impact of restarting direct aid to the Palestinian Authority;
- The effectiveness of the Temporary International Mechanism;
- The role of the Middle East Quartet;
- The response of the UK Government to the changing situation, and in particular the contribution of the Department for International Development.
Committee contact: Dr Anna Dickson, 020 7219 2738, or
Media Enquiries: Alex Paterson, 020 7219 1589, or
Watch committees and parliamentary debates online:
Publications/Reports/Reference Material: Copies of all select committee reports are available from the Parliamentary Bookshop (12 Bridge Street, Westminster, 020 7219 3890) or the Stationery Office (0845 7023474)