Thursday 21 May 2009
Sir Stuart Bell (in the Chair)
Mr Clive Betts
Mr Geoffrey Clifton-Brown
Ms Mary Creagh
Sir Alan Haselhurst
Mr Robert Key
Mr Brooks Newmark
1. OFFSITE CONSOLIDATION CENTRE
The Committee agreed to recommend that the Commission:
- agree the principle of the project;
- approve the outline costings;
- give the Accounting Officer the discretion to let the contract; and
- charge the Management Board with overseeing the implementation of the project (in cooperation with its Lords counterpart).
2. PENSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR COLLECTIVELY-EMPLOYED STAFF
The Committee agreed to consider this matter further at its next meeting.
3. REQUEST FROM ASSOCIATION OF FORMER MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT
The Committee agreed to recommend that the request from the Association of Former Members of Parliament for additional funding be not agreed to.
4. REPORTS FROM OTHER COMMITTEES WITH FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS FOR THE HOUSE
The Committee agreed to invite the Chairman of the Procedure Committee to discuss e-petitioning and its cost.
5. FUTURE MEETING DATES
The Committee agreed to meet on Thursday 29 October and Thursday 3 December (both at 9.50am).
[Adjourned till Thursday 18 June 2009 at 9.50 am.