6 March 2008
BRITISH WATERWAYS: EVIDENCE SESSIONS
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee will hold the following oral evidence sessions in relation to its further inquiry into British Waterways:
Tuesday 18 March 2008
2.30pm British Waterways
Wednesday 19 March 2008
2.30pm Jonathan Shaw MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State (Marine, Landscape & Rural Affairs), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. Further details about this inquiry can be found at:
2. The Committee published its Seventh Report of Session 2006-07 [HC 345-I] on British Waterways on 23 July 2007. The Report is available at:
3. British Waterways announced on 4 February 2008 that it is withdrawing from the Cotswold Canal Partnership. BW's press release can be found at:
4. The Committee announced its intention to hold further evidence sessions on 22 February (PN 20).
5. The Committee normally meets in the Thatcher Room, Portcullis House, however the meeting on Tuesday 18 March will be held in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House There can often be last minute changes of room and meetings may be held either in the Palace of Westminster or in Portcullis House. Those wishing to attend should check the venue by calling the committee on the day before the hearing on 020 7219 5774.
Media Enquiries: Laura Kibby: 07917 488 557; [email protected]
Committee Website: www.parliament.uk/efracom
Watch committees and parliamentary debates online: www.parliamentlive.tv
Publications / Reports / Reference Material: Copies of all select committee reports are available from the Parliamentary Bookshop (12 Bridge St, Westminster, 020 7219 3890) or the Stationery Office (0845 7023474). Committee reports, press releases, evidence transcripts, Bills; research papers, a directory of MPs, plus Hansard (from 8am daily) and much more, can be found on www.parliament.uk.