London 2012 Games: Call for evidence 17th October 2007
The Committee will hold further oral evidence sessions on the London 2012 Games later this year. These sessions will cover, amongst other things:
Progress in preparing venues, both within the Olympic Park and elsewhere;
Developments in securing funding for all aspects of the Games;
Legacy use of venues;
Impact of the Games upon grassroots participation in sport, both before and after the Games;
Standards of performance by UK participants at the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games in 2008 and 2012.
The Committee does not plan to examine in the forthcoming evidence sessions the possible impact of the Games upon tourism, the environmental sustainability of the Games, the impact upon local economic regeneration in east London, or Games-related transport projects.
Written submissions are invited from interested parties; these should be sent to Kenneth Fox, Clerk of the Committee, at the address below by Friday 9 November.
Guidance on submissions
1. Our strong preference is for submissions to be in Word or rich text format (not as a PDF document) and sent by e-mail to email@example.com, although letters will also be accepted. Submissions sent by post should be sent to Kenneth Fox, Clerk of the Culture, Media and Sport Committee, House of Commons, 7 Millbank, London SW1P 3JA. Please include a contact name, postal address and telephone number in the body of the e-mail or in the letter.
2. If the submission is from an organisation rather than an individual, it should briefly explain the nature and membership of the organisation. It is helpful to the Committee if paragraphs are numbered for ease of reference and if longer submissions include an executive summary, ideally no more than one page long. Submissions should be as short as is reasonably consistent with conveying the relevant information: for most submissions, six pages can be regarded as an appropriate maximum. Further guidance on preferred format can be found at:
3. Committees make public much of the evidence they receive during inquiries. If you do not wish your submission to be published, you must clearly say so. If you wish to include private or confidential information in your submission to the Committee, please contact the Clerk of the Committee to discuss this.
4. Please bear in mind that Committees do not normally investigate individual cases of complaint or allegations of maladministration.
5. Once submitted, no public use should be made of any submission prepared specifically for the Committee unless you have first obtained permission from the Clerk of the Committee.
Committee Membership is as follows:
Mr John Whittingdale OBE (Chairman) (Conservative)
Janet Anderson (Labour)
Alan Keen (Labour)
Philip Davies (Conservative)
Rosemary McKenna CBE (Labour)
Mr Nigel Evans (Conservative)
Adam Price (Plaid Cymru)
Paul Farrelly (Labour)
Mr Adrian Sanders (Liberal Democrat)
Mr Mike Hall (Labour)
Helen Southworth (Labour)
Media Enquiries: Laura Humble, Media Officer, 020 7219 2003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific Committee Information: Contact Kenneth Fox, Committee Clerk, email@example.com and 020 7219 6120