The House of Lords Science and Technology Committee holds a one-off evidence session with Sir Mark Walport, Chief Executive of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and Rebecca Endean, Director of Research and Innovation reform at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
The session is an opportunity to identify Sir Mark Walport’s priorities as he starts his new role as CEO-designate of UKRI, whilst remaining the Chief Scientific Advisor. He will also be questioned on issues of concern relating to the establishment, and work of, UKRI.
Tuesday 21 March in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Sir Mark Walport FRS, interim Chief Executive, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- Rebecca Endean, Director of Research and Innovation reform, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- What criteria will be used to determine budget allocations between Innovate UK, Research England and the Research Councils?
- What steps will you take to reconcile UKRI’s UK-wide and England-only remits?
- To whom is the CEO of UKRI accountable and how will they measure the success/impact of the CEO?
- Is there a possible conflict of interest arising from you being both GSCA and CEO of UKRI at the same time?
Image: Parliamentary copyright