BBC and Society of Editors discuss the coverage of polling
14 November 2017
The Select Committee on Political Polling and Digital Media takes evidence from the Director and Chief Advisor for the BBC's Editorial Policy and Standards. They also hear evidence from the Executive Director for the Society of Editors.
Tuesday 14 November in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- David Jordan, Director of Editorial Policy and Standards, BBC
- Ric Bailey, Chief Adviser, Editorial Standards and Policy, BBC
- Ian Murray, Executive Director, Society of Editors
Areas for discussion
- General Election, following the performance of the polls in the 2015 General Election and EU Referendum campaigns?
- How has the advent of social media affected the news cycle and the way the BBC reports on political news (including political opinion polls)?
- Are there differences in the ways in which political opinion polling is reported on by the regional press, in comparison to the national newspapers?
More news on: Culture, media and sport, Parliament, government and politics, Elections, Media, Parliament, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news, Press, General election
Share this page