The International Relations Committee takes evidence from Sir Alan Duncan MP, Minister for Europe and the Americas, on Government commitments on the Western Balkans.
Wednesday 15 November, Committee Room 4, Palace of Westminster
- The Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP, Minister of State for Europe and the Americas, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Ms Fiona Mcilwhan, Head, Western and Enlargement Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Mr Andrew Page, Western Balkans Summit Coordinator, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- What are the Government's priorities for the 2018 Western Balkans summit?
- We have been told that the UK's support for accession to the EU for Western Balkan countries is 'untenable' given our own decision to leave the EU; what steps is the Government taking to ensure any perceived contradictions are countered?
- What steps are being taken to address the problems of state capture and media restrictions in the region?
- How does the Government view the actions of external actors such as China and Russia in the Western Balkans?
- What impact does regional crime have domestically on the UK?
- What is the Government assessment of Islamist radicalisation in the region? Are there any specific threats to the UK?
Image: Parliamentary copyright