Committee papers and minutes may be reserved if they contain, or relate to, the following matters:
- Matters relating to security.
- Matters which are commercial in confidence. These include considered or accepted tenders, procurement documents and investment decisions.
- Matters subject or likely to be subject to legal proceedings, and formal advice thereon.
- Papers containing details of matters which are the subject of sensitive negotiations.
- Papers containing information to which the Data Protection Act 1998 applies.
- Matters which have been provided to the House or the Administration in confidence.
- Drafts of material which it is intended to publish in final form. This would include draft reports and draft business plans.