The Select Committee on Financial Exclusion takes evidence from a range of organisations including Neyber, The Tinder Foundation and Lloyds Banking Group. The first session considers how FinTech might help to address financial exclusion; a second evidence session reviews the relationship between digital exclusion and financial exclusion.
Tuesday 15 November, Committee Room 2A, Palace of Westminster
- Virraj Jatania, Co-Founder and CEO, Pockit
- Monica Kalia, Co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Neyber
- Adam Micklethwaite, Director of Business and Innovation, Tinder Foundation
- Peter Wells, Policy Associate, Open Data Institute
- Nick Williams, Director of Consumer Digital, Lloyds Banking Group
- What are the principal ways in which FinTech can help to address financial exclusion?
- How might the Open Banking Standard, due to be introduced by 2019, support the development of the FinTech sector?
- To what extent do digital exclusion and financial exclusion overlap?
- Are those who are digitally excluded more likely to be financially excluded?
- What policies or practices do your organisations have in place to try to reduce digital – and hence financial – exclusion for particularly vulnerable groups of people, such as older people and those living with disabilities?