The Lords EU Select Committee discusses prospects for a 'no deal' Brexit with former Chancellor, Lord Darling of Roulanish, and asks Secretary of State David Davis MP about the progress of Brexit negotiations.
Tuesday 31 October in Committee Room 4A, Palace of Westminster
- Rt Hon Lord Darling of Roulanish
- What are the crucial issues for the economy on which the two sides must reach agreement?
- How likely are jobs and activity to relocate away from the UK?
- Is the Government doing enough to prepare for the possibility of 'no deal'?
- What are the necessary components of any transition arrangement?
- Rt Hon David Davis MP, Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union
- Why have the UK and EU not yet been able to reach an agreement on the financial settlement?
- What does 'no deal' mean in practice?
- What is the purpose of an implementation period, and how will it work in practice?
- Are divisions within the Cabinet, and the party balance in the House of Commons, hampering the Government’s ability to negotiate effectively?
Image: Parliamentary copyright and European Union , 2017/ Source: EC-Audiovisual Service/Photo: Lukasz Kobus