As the EU Committee continues its inquiry into Brexit: devolution, former Scottish First Minister Lord McConnell gives evidence on the impact of Brexit on Scotland.
Tuesday 28 March in Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster
- Lord McConnell of Glenscorrodale, First Minister of Scotland 2001-2007
Topics covered in the meeting include:
- The political, economic and legal implications for Scotland, and the other devolved nations, of the UK Government's approach to Brexit
- The implications on the Brexit negotiations of the Scottish Government’s announcement of its intention to seek to hold a second independence referendum
- The role of the Scottish Parliament in connection to the 'Great Repeal Bill'
- The possibility of nations and regions of the UK having differentiated relationships with the EU