EU external approach to migration considered by Committee
30 November 2017
The EU External Affairs Sub-Committee holds a one-off evidence session on the EU's external approach to migration.
Thursday 30 November 2017, Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Mr John Springford, Director of Research, Centre for European Reform; and
- Mr Raphael Shilhav, EU Migration Policy Advisor, Oxfam.
- How has the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa been spent? To what extent does it achieve its aim "to tackle the root causes of irregular migration in countries of origin, transit and destination"?
- To what extent has the European Agenda on Migration reduced the incentives for irregular migration?
- How effective is the EU's co-operation with other partners in the region, such as the UNHCR or the International Organisation for Migration, in improving the treatment and human rights of migrants in transit countries? How could this be improved?
- How effective is co-operation between the initiatives of EU institutions and Member States to curb migration and tackle its root causes?
More news on: Parliament, government and politics, Parliament, European Union, International affairs, House of Lords news, Lords news, Committee news, Exiting the European Union
Share this page