The House of Lords EU Committee will take evidence from Rt Hon Ed Davey MP, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change. This will be a one-off evidence session with the Committee scrutinising the government and EU's energy and climate policy.
Monday 15 July 2013, Committee Room 3, Palace of Westminster, 12noon
- Rt Hon Ed Davey MP, Secretary of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change
Areas that the Committee will cover with Mr Davey include:
- The EU Emissions Trading System and what structural changes the UK Government would like to see;
- The EU 2030 emissions reduction agreement and the Government's opposition to the Committee's recommendation that a renewable energy target be included in the agreement. The Committee will also ask if there is a risj that the agreement will reflect the policy of the least ambitious Member States as agreement at the European Council require unanimity;
- What the Government will do to meet the greatest challenge to energy procisions - the lack of investment;
- Government plans to boost gas storage capacity, which could support their policy on shale gas extraction.