Professor Alan Jenkins, Deputy Director and Water Science Director of the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, was questioned by the Lords Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment EU Sub-Committee on Wednesday 16 November, as part of their inquiry into EU freshwater policy.
At 11am, Wednesday 16 November, in Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Alan Jenkins, Deputy Director and Water Science Director of the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
He was questioned by the Committee on issues including:
- what criteria should be used to measure water quality and what the main challenges are to maintaining good water quality in the UK
- where responsibility should lie for forecasting droughts
- what the main problems are with the Water Framework Directive and what shortcomings they have produced in EU freshwater policy
- how stakeholders can best be involved in EU research into water resource management