The House of Lords EU Committee will hold the second of four evidence sessions on forestry with representatives of EU private and public forest owners and with FERN, an environmental organisation, on Wednesday 26 March.
The Committee are considering EU forestry policy and its links to the UK ahead of an expected declaration by EU Ministers in late spring.
11:00am on Wednesday 26 March in Committee Room 2 of the House of Lords.
- Dr Aljoscha Requardt of CEPF, Piotr Borkowski of EUSTAFOR
- Saskia Ozinga of FERN
Areas the Committee will cover with the witnesses include:
- How sustainable forest management as proposed by the European Commission can be delivered?
- What are their organisations’ respective visions for the future of EU forestry?
How should EU forestry policy be governed?
- Is the EU’s Rural Development Fund effective in supporting forests?
- What improvements need to be made to the forest knowledge base?
- How can the implementation of forestry policy be effectively monitored?
- The import of illegally-sourced timber into the EU.