The Lords Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy EU Sub-Committee will question representatives of energy suppliers on Wednesday 9 January as part of their current inquiry into EU energy policy.
At 11am, Wednesday 9 January, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Ravi Baga, Head of Upstream Energy Policy and Regulation, EDF;
- Rupert Steele, Director of Regulation, ScottishPower; and
- Dr Keith MacLean, Policy and Research Director, SSE.
The witnesses are likely to face questions on issues including:
- whether the private sector will deliver the capital investment required in the energy sector without placing burdens on businesses and households;
- to what extent investment in energy can be used as a driver of growth and create new jobs;
- how differing Member State approaches to energy policy affect their operational abilities;
- their views on the future of coal and gas;
- how EU policy can help energy sector investment and low-carbon investment in particular; and
- whether the EU should set a renewable energy target for 2030.