Experts in energy finance and investment will be questioned by the Lords Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy EU Sub-Committee on Wednesday 19 December as part of their inquiry into EU energy and growth.
At 11am, Wednesday 19 December, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Angus McCrone, Chief Editor, Bloomberg New Energy Finance; and
- Peter Atherton, Independent Equity Analyst
The Committee will explore with the witnesses issues including:
- whether EU policy helps or hinders general energy sector investments and low-carbon investment in particular;
- their views on the extent to which energy investment has economic benefits for growth and jobs;
- how the EU compares to other regions of the world in terms of attracting investors, including in low-carbon energy sources;
- how the required €1 trillion of capital expenditure in the energy sector over the next decade can be delivered without imposing unsustainable costs on households and businesses; and
- whether there is a case to continue broad support for renewable energy and whether shale gas has materially altered the outlook or case for them.