The House of Lords Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy EU Sub-Committee will be speaking to Antony Froggatt, Senior Research Fellow Energy, Environment and Resources Programme at Chatham House, on Wednesday 14 November.
At 11.00am, Wednesday 14 November, Committee Room 3A, Palace of Westminster
- Antony Froggatt, Senior Research Fellow Energy, Environment and Resources Programme, Chatham House
The Commitee will be asking Mr Froggatt a number of questions on areas pertinent to its current inquiry, including:
- the role of financial institutions in EU energy policy and inconsistencies between greenhouse gas reduction commitments and the increase in coal-fired power plants;
- the German energy strategy and the viability of its energy transformation;
- his involvement in negotiations of the new Regulation on trans-European energy infrastructure and on energy market liberalisation; and
- research and innovation and how it can support the transformation of the EU’s energy sector.