The Lords Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment and Energy EU Sub-Committee will be speaking to experts from the gas and energy investment sectors on Wednesday 12 December in the seventh evidence session of their inquiry into EU energy and growth.
Wednesday 12 December, Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- Professor Jonathan Stern, Chairman and Senior Research Fellow, Natural Gas Research Programme, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
At 12pm (via video-link)
- Simon Brooks, CB, Vice President for the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland;
- Nicholas Jennett, Director, New Products and Special Transactions Department; and
- Cheryl Fisher, Director of Energy, Projects Directorate.
The witnesses from the Bank are likely to face questions on:
- the criteria for offering investment to energy-related projects and whether the Bank invests in new coal plants;
- whether investment in the energy sector has increased over the last decade and how they see it evolving over the next;
- the Risk-Sharing Finance Facility the bank uses to provide finance for research, development and innovation;
- the impact on investment in renewable energy of the increasing interest in shale gas; and
- their views on how far investment in energy infrastructure has economic impacts for growth.