The House of Lords EU Sub-Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment will hear from Agriculture Minister, Jim Paice, MP, as part of its inquiry into Innovation in EU Agriculture on Wednesday 23 March.
The aim of the inquiry is to identify how innovation in EU agriculture can be best supported, particularly at a time when factors such as population increase and climate change have greatly affected the scale of the challenges facing agriculture in the UK, Europe and globally.
The Minister will be asked questions in relation to:
- the Government’s strategy for agriculture and food
- the application of the Government’s Big Society agenda to food production
- reform of the Common Agricultural Policy and its relevance to innovation
- UK and EU support for innovation-related research
- the Government’s approach to support for advice to farmers – “extension services” – in the UK and the EU
The evidence session will take place on Wednesday 23 March at 11.00am in Committee Room 3A.