The EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee hears evidence from the Swiss Federal Office of Energy, as the inquiry on Brexit: energy security continues.
Wednesday 18 October in Committee Room 2, Palace of Westminster
- Ambassador Jean-Christophe Füeg, Head of International Energy Affairs, Swiss Federal Office of Energy
The session will focus on the experience of Switzerland as a non-EU country which has an energy relationship with the UK. Likely areas of questioning include:
- How far the Swiss and EU energy systems are integrated
- How they cooperate on areas such as nuclear safety and research and development
- What influence Switzerland has to shape EU policy and legislation
- Any challenges they have faced in negotiations with the EU over their energy relationship