Sir Jon Cunliffe, Deputy Governor for Financial Stability at the Bank of England, will give evidence next week at the House of Lords’ investigation into the eurozone crisis.
Tuesday 4 March 2014, Committee Room 3, House of Lords
- Sir Jon Cunliffe, Deputy Governor for Financial Stability at the Bank of England
The House of Lords EU Sub-Committee on Economic and Financial Affairs will question him on how well EU institutions such as the European Central Bank and the European Parliament have performed during the crisis, in the fourth and final session of this short inquiry.
Other questions that Sir Jon Cunliffe will face include:
- When do you think the eurozone crisis can be judged to be over
- What will be the impact of Banking Union and EU bank structural reforms on the UK?
- What is your assessment of the Commission’s proposals for Banking Union?
- How do you think the moves towards greater eurozone integration will impact upon the UK more generally?
- How does the Bank of England view regulatory developments in the eurozone?
- How would you characterise the relationship between the European Central Bank and the Bank of England? Could the relationship be improved?