Three experts in the field of research and innovation will give evidence to the House of Lords Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment EU Sub-Committee on Monday 11 February, in the second session of its inquiry on the effectiveness of EU research and innovation proposals.
At 4.05pm in Committee Room 2:
- Emeritus Professor Mary Ritter, CEO of Climate-Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC), European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT);
- Professor Richard Brook OBE, President of the Association for Independent Research and Technology Organisations (AIRTO); and
- John Hill, Director of Growth Accelerator and Executive Chairman of Pera
The Committee will use the session to explore with the witnesses issues including:
- the success the EU has had so far in securing financial support from businesses and industries for EU projects with a strong research and innovation dimension;
- how this financing has been affected by the economic crisis in many Member States;
- their opinions on whether the EU strikes the right balance between legislation and regulation in promoting research and innovation and how this might be improved; and
- if consultation with stakeholders at all levels, including academic institutions and small and medium-sized enterprises, is conducted properly or if this could be improved.