In the final evidence session of its inquiry into the effectiveness of EU research and innovation proposals, the House of Lords Internal Market, Infrastructure and Employment EU Sub-Committee will question David Willetts MP, Universities and Science Minister, on Monday 11 March
At 5.00pm in Committee Room 2:
- Rt Hon David Willetts MP, Universities and Science Minister, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
During the course of its inquiry, the Committee has heard from a range of experts including big businesses, such as Pfizer, Rolls Royce and Airbus UK; Malcolm Harbour MEP; research and innovation academics and design experts.
The Committee will quiz Mr Willetts on issues raised throughout the inquiry, including:
- Whether stakeholders at all levels are properly consulted when the EU is developing research and innovation proposal;
- If the EU is getting the balance right between regulation and stimulating research and innovation;
- How – if at all – the country’s Open Access policy will affect the policies of other EU Member States;
- If the Government do enough to support businesses who want to participate in EU programmes; and
- What the Government are doing to ensure the budget for research and innovation is as much as possible during the negotiations on the Multiannual Financial Framework.
Image: Parliamentary copyright