The House of Lords EU-Sub Committee on External Affairs will ask the European Court of Auditors about their audit from 2012, in which they found that fewer than half of the 23 sampled projects satisfactorily ‘delivered results that met the beneficiaries’ needs’.
Thursday 27 June, Committee Room 1, Palace of Westminster
- David Bostock, UK Member of the European Court of Auditors; and
- Sabine Hiernaux-Fritsch, Head of the Unit “Cooperation with Developing Countries”, European Court of Auditors
The committee will question the ECA officials on:
- whether there are practical changes that the European Commission could or should make to ensure the financial sustainability of projects;
- the EU’s coordination with other international actors, such as the UN, in the WASH sector;
- whether the ECA intends to follow up on the implementation of its recommendations; and
- the response by the Commission and the Council to the report, and how satisfactory this was.