Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne will appear before the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee on Thursday 8 December when they will quiz him about the economic outlook.
The committee is expected to question the Chancellor on issues including:
- Why the Government seems to think that fiscal stimulus would do more harm than good;
- The impact on the UK of the eurozone crisis
- What can be done to promote private sector growth
- Whether the Monetary Policy Committee should be tougher on inflation
- The Office of Budget Responsibility's forecast for GDP
The evidence session will start at 10.30am, Thursday 8 December in Committee Room 1 of the House of Lords.